On the 31st of May, Glasgow Caledonian University is celebrating their research by hosting a day full of presentations from researchers and PhD students on their work. Below is the programme of the Research Day. Francesca Calo and Tom Montgomery from the SIRIUS project will also be there to talk about the research on labour market integration.
9.30 - 9.50 - Dr Ruth Hussey - Speaker
9.50 - 10.10 - Shane McHugh - Speaker
Workshops (10.45 - 12.15):
- Outside the box! Thinking and researching with archives
- Archival research is something that can add value to any research project, but can it bring us closer to SDG 2030 success? Open up to archival research to find new ways to approach your topic of study. Join us to explore GCU’s archives, build research skills, and discuss sustainability in research.
- WiSE Centre for Economic Justice
- Moffat Centre for Travel and Tourism: Understanding Consumer behaviour in Tourism at a National level: definitive data on visitor behaviour
- Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks
- Patient and Public Involvement in GCU Health Research
- Moving forward with a long term neurological condition: Translating research into practice
Networking Lunch (12.15pm - 1.00pm)
1.00pm - 1.45pm - Derek Mackay - Speaker
Workshops (2.00 - 4.15):
- Rethinking Fuel Poverty as a Complex Problem: From 'fabric first' to 'folk first' solutions
- Saving Lives by Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance: Everyone's Business
- Solving Water Issues in Nigeria
- Scottish Poverty and Inequality Research Unit 'Give and Take' Workshop: Making Connections to Tackle Poverty in Scotland
- Empowering Communities: How do Participation Requests and Asset Transfer Requests lead to community empowerment?
- Skills and Integration of Refugees, Migrants and Asylum Seekers into UK Labour Market - Policy Enablers and Policy Barriers in the UK.
- Electrical Stimulation to Promote Health in Adults
Three Minute Thesis and Networking Drinks (4.30pm - 6.30pm)
For a more detailed programme, and link to register for the different workshops, please go to this Eventbrite link.