The EU Research & Innovation Magazine published yesterday an interview with Dr Dominik Hangartner from the Immigration Policy Lab at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about what the evidence tells about successful integration of refugees. Five takeaways have been highlighted:
1. It is hard to measure integration because there is no agreement on what it means.
2. There is an ‘integration window’ which improves the chances of success.
3. Big data and artificial intelligence can help authorities make better decisions
4. Refugees are not all the same, and neither are people in host communities
5. Traditionally, asylum policies haven’t focused on integration
If you want to know more about the research of the Immigration Policy Lab and read the article please visit here