The IMISCOE 2019 Maria Ioannis Baganha Dissertation Award nominations have now opened. The Network has awarded this prize since 2010 to stimulate and recognise excellent PhD research in the field of migration, integration and social cohesion in Europe. The 2019 competition is open to all those who have defended their thesis within the 24-month period before the deadline for submission of 15 January 2019. This timeframe is determined by the date of the official defence. All academic disciplines are equally eligible. In the case of co-authored dissertations, it must be clear from the text of the dissertation itself what the contribution of the applicant to the dissertation has been. Applicants can apply on their own behalf but dissertation supervisors can also nominate candidates. Applicants who have applied before cannot apply again.
Nominations must demonstrate a significant contribution to migration and integration studies in one or more of the criteria below:
- research quality
- theoretical contribution
- methodological/empirical contribution
Applicants must submit the following:
- a completed application form (available at www.imiscoe.org)
- a 1-page (max. 400 words) abstract
- a 5-page (max. 2000 words) summary of the dissertation
- a single digital file of the dissertation including all appendices, references, notes etc.
- a CV (max. 2 pages)
- two letters of recommendation from researchers not affiliated to the institutes where the applicant works at the time of his or her application and where he or she defended his or her dissertation (max. 1 page per letter)
- a letter of endorsement from a dissertation advisor/supervisor (max. 1 page).
For more information about the process and to download the application form, please visit IMISCOE's website.