Conny Reuter has been Secretary General of SOLIDAR since October 2006. He is also serving as:
- Co-Chair of Liaison Group of the European Economic and Social Committee’s (EESC) since 2013
- Co-founder and member of Steering Group of Civil Society Europe (CSE) since 2015
- Co-founder and Board member of Social Service Europe (SSE) since 2012
- Actually acting President of SSE
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Federation of Workers Education Associations (IFWEA) since 2008
Before moving to Brussels, Conny worked in Paris and Berlin heading the Franco-German Youth Office (FGYO) Department for School and Youth Exchanges (1998-2006), working at La Ligue de l’enseignement in Paris on European projects (1990-1998) and heading the liaison office of La Ligue in Germany working on Franco-German youth exchanges in professional and vocational training (1985-1990). From April 2008 to April 2013 he served as President of the Social Platform, the platform of European Social NGOs.